Monday, September 14, 2009

oh the shame!

i hate doing laundry.

let me qualify that statement.
  1. i hate spending all day sunday doing laundry in the craptacular half-sized washer and dryer that came with this crap apartment that we live in. i would venture a guess that i would hate laundry anywhere, and have, but i really hate it here.
  2. i am anal. i admit it and have learned to embrace it. but that means that i can't just wash the clothes, hastily fold or hang them and then throw them in drawers. i fold them all perfectly and then rearrange the drawers if needed so that they all fit perfectly.
  3. i have to iron all of my husband's work clothes because he's too cheap for the dry cleaner and he has to dress up with a shirt and tie every day. AND he feeds me a load of crap about how i "do it way better than" he does and he "can't do it as fast as" me. it's bull, but i let it slide due to #2 on this list.
  4. it takes ALL DAY.
so yesterday while trying to rush through the laundry, i grabbed the husband's cargo shorts off of the bedroom floor and after i rotated that load into the dryer i noticed a loud clunk-clunk-clunking.

you guessed it, i washed not only his wallet, but also his cell phone. best day ever? methinks the world had a better day in store for me...

today we were running late for work and the car wouldn't start!

Aces! the upside of that is i had to take a surprise vacation day! and with my day off, i am starting a quilt.

the crotches in three pairs of my jeans gave out on me recently and i have decided to do a quilt. i'm also using some super cute green linen-like fabric. this will be my second quilt, but my first that doesn't look really ugly and ridiculous.

wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Is the phone ruined? I can't wait to see your quilt. Quilting is something I have no interest in. It seems super tedious. At the same time, I love love love handmade quilts and am jealous of people who can make thme. You've got 9 months until my birthday. I like teal. Proceed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we don't know each other very well, but me too, please. I like reds. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and yes the phone is totally ruined.

    ReplyDelete