Thursday, September 3, 2009

becoming a seamstress


These are my new curtains. I got the fabric from Ikea, it's the Gunilla print. I went to Ikea thinking of another print, but Rob and I both liked this one a lot. I was so excited, I hemmed them and had them hanging later that afternoon.

I also ordered a book on sewing and received it the other day. Sew Fast Sew Easy. I haven't started it yet, but I'm very excited. It came with basic patterns to learn on. Since I'm not making any money, I plan on crafting all Christmas gifts this year. I say that every year, but this year I have no choice.

Once I'm a master seamstress, I'm going to buy this book and make everything in it:



1 comment:

  1. if you want to learn clothes, i can also recommend the book Sew U: The Built by Wendy Guide to Making Your Own Wardrobe. i think joy has it too. it's really great for the basic technical stuff and it has three adjustable patterns.

    ReplyDelete