Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pie Master Campbell

So it's been quite a while since I've been here, but I'm back!! And I made my first pie! I was so excited and proud of myself for doing this (this is what not working has done to me, getting SO EXCITED to bake a pie!). I made a bourbon chocolate pecan pie, minus the bourbon, I just didn't feel like going to the liquor store. I chose pecan pie because 1. It's fall and I wanted something fitting, and I wanted to practice for Thanksgiving, and 2. When I lived in New Orleans we had a pecan tree in our backyard, so we would just pick up the nuts, crack 'em and eat 'em.

So, here's the recipe. It's pretty easy and really doesn't take too long. With this recipe I got to use my super awesome kitchenaid mixer. That thing is like a miracle. I made whipped cream for the top of the pie in less than 5 minutes!

I made that dough! The last time I tried making dough it was for a traditional New Orleans King Cake, and lets just say it didn't end well.

F.Y.I. unsweetened chocolate is not good. Butter doesn't make it better.

I love this thing.

Please pay no notice to my double chin, but look at my pie! I made that!

I am now considering participating in the 3rd annual Portland Pie Off next summer. I'm gonna do a whole lot of practicing in the coming months so I can have the greatest pie! Watch out Baden!


2 comments: