Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Adventuring into Wifedom

Well, today marks my one month wedding anniversary to my bear of man husband, Rob. So far in our one month of marriage I've gone from a working woman with a bedtime curfew of 8:30 to an unemployed housewife, who at this very moment is sitting in bed re-watching the first season of Friends while eating pita chips and garlic hummus, and drinking a tiny 100 calorie can of Coca Cola (yes, they make those). Oh, and there's a Hershey bar too. And it's after 10. This might sound depressing to some, but to me it is an excellent night in.

I'm beginning a new chapter of my life and I'm a little scared. I quit my job without having anything lined up. Everyone keeps asking me if I feel like I've made the right decision "in this economy". The answer is yes. I do feel like I've made the right decision. I just need time to clear my head and figure out what my next step is.

Right now I'm enjoying living as a "housewife". My daily agenda so far consists of getting up at 8 and going to 9:30 Jazzercise, then cleaning whatever needs to be cleaned, because now I have the time and energy to do so. I have big plans for being crafty. After all I'm sharing this blog with Joy, who is my secret arch nemesis in the crafty department. I wish I was as talented with a glue stick and a sewing machine as she is. I plan on making my halloween costume this year, Joan Holloway of Mad Men. I'll just be sewing an early 60's style wiggle dress. I think I've found the pattern, but we'll see if this actually happens.

I'll keep you updated, but for now, it's Friends time.

1 comment:

  1. Arch nemesis? Nice. I've always wanted one of those. I can't believe how lucky you are, btw. Being unemployed sounds absolutely dreamy.

    ReplyDelete