Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quantifying Wifehood


Well I did it! I cleaned the bedroom. I even vacuumed and washed the comforter. My husband was so very happy. He said he barely recognized the bedroom without crap all over the floor. It’s the little things that keep our marriage strong and happy.

Today is our one month anniversary of being Mr. and Mrs. Bush. That’s right; exactly 4 weeks ago today we got hitched! Time has flown by, as it tends to do, and nothing really feels different. I don’t know that it ever will. I’m not sure what I was expecting – like all of a sudden I would feel like a wife. I’m pretty sure that I’ve been feeling like a wife ever since Brad and I moved in together 3 years ago. He is my partner and we are in the shit together.

Here’s what I’ve accomplished so far as a Mrs.:
• Together with my better half, put an offer in on a beautiful home in SE Portland.
• Decoupaged the front of the media cabinet.
• Cleaned the bedroom.

Here’s what I hope to accomplish in the near future:
• Strip and re-paint the movie shelf.
• Close on the beautiful home in SE Portland. (Once this has been accomplished it
will create a whole new list of crap to do.)
• Organize my crafting supplies – right now they’re piled behind my sewing machine.
• Work my way through my mending pile.
• Clean the bathrooms. (Like I said – it’s the little things.)

I don’t know why any of the above tasks = wifehood. I suppose it’s just that these are things that I want to do and I happen to be married. Being married is still a novelty to me so it’s my way of quantifying my wifehood.

Silly, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment