Saturday, February 26, 2011

Excelsior!

As you know, I recently made a sewing table out of video tapes. However, as the table top was unfinished, the victory of this achievement has been, thus far, unearned. Until today.

While I was at the salon having my hair treated after an unfortunate chemical experience I had a few months back, my amazing husband had an epiphany of sorts. He was driving around to thrift stores looking for a cheap television for my craft room when, like a cheap moth to the flame of a liquidation sale, he was lured into a soon to be closed Blockbuster Video.

Upon entering this last bastion of pop culture censorship, he saw a large rack of 'backing cards'. What are backing cards you say? They are the plasticy, cardboardy, fake movie box fronts that sit on the shelf and laugh at you after the store is out of every copy of the movie that you were looking for. They are the bitchy tease of the video store world. The tramp who says "oh, you wanted to rent 200 Cigarettes? I'm sorry, but someone else is currently enjoying it, you're going to have to go home empty handed." And they were one sale, 20 for $1. So after picking me up, we went back and now I am the proud owner of 220 backing cards.


Let the crafting begin!

First thing's first, I had to finish my sewing table top.



What I will do with the rest is really anyone's guess. I'm definitely excited to get started on whatever it is though, now that part of my craft room is organized...



Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment