Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Sewing Table!

When I met my husband he was the proud owner of at least 2,000 VHS tapes. And although he has been steadily replacing them with DVDs, we still have at least 1,500 video tapes. Useless, valueless, VHS tapes.

Now that we have moved out of our one bedroom apartment and into an actual house the video tapes are out of our storage unit and ready for practical use.

Behold, my new sewing table project!

The raw materials:

6 and a half boxes of VHS tapes, Gorilla Glue, Tape and a whole lot of Heart



Which movies to choose! So many fantastic titles...


The first few layers...

(yes, that is my copy of Private Benjamin -- I will now admit that a large number of these videos are mine)

The inspectors take a look at my finished product...




The next step is for it to dry overnight....

And then, DECOUPAGE!!! I'll keep you posted.


3 comments:

  1. Yes! This is super duper sweet. I can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be so super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That's rad! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete