Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's all for you, Damien!


I am lazy and unorganized. I don't pretend that I'm not. I'm not sure what impression my husband was under when he married me. We had been living together for over 2 years and he was familiar with my practices. Nevertheless, he's getting really fed up with the way I operate. I don't necessarily blame him. I'm pretty frustrating. Here's the deal: I half-ass my laundry. I do a load and leave the clean clothes in the basket for like 2 weeks. The cats enjoy it because it makes for a sweet bed. Brad, on the other hand does not appreciate it. Evenutally, I'll have picked through the basket of clothes enough to wear it, and the 3 feet of floor that surround it, becomes a jumbled, cat hair covered mess. Then, I deem the clothes too dirty to wear and I start the laundry process over agian. I realize that this is a terrible way to do things. My clothing rotation is terribly uneven. Alas, it's they way I've always done things, and I'm comfortable enough with it. I've found that the benefits of ignoring laundry are much more immediate than the benefits of putting my shit away. There are so many other things I'd rather be doing - like cross stitching or button bouquet-ing or watching 30 Rock on DVD for like 8 hours straight.


I know it's time to be a grown up. The days of having a messy bedroom should be behind me. God bless Brad for being as tolerant as he has been. I suppose we all have our line in the sand. Brad's is being 35 years old and having a 27 year old wife who keeps the bedroom feeling like it belongs to a petulant teenage girl. He's been putting up with me for almost 6 years now. Ugh. Poor guy. So tonight I'm going home and I'm finishing my laundry and putting clothes away. Than at 8pm I'll reward myself with some Must-See-TV.


This one's for you, Braddy. It's all for you.



xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I took our laundry to the 'laundry' once and paid to have someone else wash it and fold it. Aside from the too-strong smell of fabric softener (that I could have asked them not to use had I known), it was one of the most fulfilling moments of my entire life! I dropped off a big dirty mess and what I picked up and it was clean and folded and tied up in a nice, neat bag for me to put away. Sounds like you should budget for this. It WILL change your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry is actually the one chore I will do. Dishes? Nope. Take out trash? Not a chance. Make the bed? Rarely. Vacuum? You gotta be kidding me.
    But laundry? Laundry and me are tight, yo. I'll make you a deal. You come over and do all the chores I don't do, and I will do your laundry (and fold it- but you have to put it away, b/c I have no clue where any of it goes).

    ReplyDelete