Friday, November 27, 2009

winter blues in arizona?!?

i know. it seems unbelievable to me too. but, alas, i do feel a little off lately. i can only attribute it to the time of year. lately i haven't felt like doing anything productive and i'm totally unmotivated. i need to snap out of it. i haven't done anything crafty in ages, and i love being crafty!

BUT, about a month ago i did make my sister's baby (he's due on December 10th) a crafty wall thing...



it's a tradition in our family, started by one of my aunts when i was a kid, to make these for the kids bedroom walls. a mom can only pull off having this in her kid's room when they're little...

the wall hangings are traditionally much simpler than this and only consist of the puffy felt name and a little boy or girl doll head. but, i went for the gold on this one and made it to go with the bedroom decor.
my mission now is to get out of my weird funk...

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Nice work. I especially love the giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was in a similar situation back in august ( http://moxiefarm.blogspot.com/2009/08/create.html ).

    also, the wall hanging is totally adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete