Sunday, November 15, 2009

Let Me Tell Ya Something, Mean Gene!

My husband and I are very nostalgic people.

I have a Breathless Mahoney doll bought on vacation at Universal Studios in 1990 (at the age of 7) that I still proudly display in my bedroom.


I found an awesome original poster of Kim Basinger as Vicky Vale that is a little wonky in size, but once I get a frame for it, will be prominently displayed in our home. (In the summer of '89, my family and I saw Batman in the drive in 8 times. Holla!)

Brad, on the same hand, has over a dozen WWF action figures that he keeps front and center on the book shelf in his office.


When looking on eBay for the right wallpaper to hang in his room, he knew he found it when he came across Super Mario Bros. wallpaper. (Picture to be added once we actually get the wallpaper.)

In House of Vintage about 4 months ago and Brad saw this sheet:

it took every fiber of his being not to throw down the $20 asking price and take it home with us. The only problem was that at that time, home was an apartment in Gresham and we were out of room for stuff. Brad walked away from his sheet hoping that one day he would see it again.

Once we got in to our house, it took about a week before Brad went back to House with his fingers crossed and a wish in his heart. The WWF gods were smiling on Braddy that day. He purchased the overpriced sheet and brought it home to me, asking for curtains in his bedroom.

As you know, I love a project, so I happily obliged.


Best wife ever? Yes. Yes I am.

2 comments:

  1. hold up! hold up! these are in your bedroom?? wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are in Brad's office. His office, his drapes.

    ReplyDelete