Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Valentimes!





Well in the Bush Wifedom, it was a solid Valentine's Day. Brad isn't a sentimental guy, but he really did a good job this year of pandering to my wussy side.

In a romantic and very cute move on his part, he bought me begonias. The lady at the flower shop helped him pick these out. He told her he know I would want something I could plant in the yard of our new house. He really hit the nail on the head.


Next, he got me a piece of lemon cake from Starbuck's. I've included a picture I found using Google image search. I don't have a picture of the actual slice he got me because I inhaled it pretty much immediately after receiving it. Booyah.




Last, he got me this sweet Simpsons Valentine's card. It says: "To My Wife...Honey, I love you even more than TV..." He wrote real sweet things on the inside, but I'm not going to tell you what it said because that's private. Get outta here you vultures!



Now, what did I do for him? Well, I married him! Isn't that enough?! Just kidding. I got him a Wii Motion thingy for our second WiiMote. We have one already, but we needed a second one so we could play Wii Resort together...as a couple...aaaawwwww...



I also got him a manly pair of boxers from the Gap.

Last but not least, and my personal fave, I made him soft pretzels shaped like hearts.



I guess these were more for me than for him, because I love soft pretzels, but I thought it was a cute idea. I got the recipe here. They're really good, but I recommend the generous application of butter (as stated in the recipe) once they're out of the oven. I tried to use olive oil and it just wasn't the same.

Hope everyone had a good V-Day!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, sounds sweet.

    We love playing Sports Resort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, begonias! I love them... You can also get them as bulbs. I found some last year at Lowe's.

    P.S. You two are saps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How big do begonias get? We have a flower box in front of our house and I was thinking of planting it in there.

    Sports Resort is the tits! I love it so much. Fencing is the best. It's so satisfying to knock Brad off the platform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh - looks like a lovely Valentine's day!!! Nice to "meet" you, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete